Monday, December 6, 2010

Family Cooking App for IPAD

It's official.  My family of Mac Products is multiplying!  I recently got an IPAD, and it is pretty amazing.


I actually got it for the schoolhouse. With the countless Music Applications available, it is an easy way to integrate technology into the classroom.  But, there are about a million uses for the IPAD, and I came across an enticing one today that I have to share!  You can also download it for free (through December 31, 2010)!

The App is called "Big Fork Little Fork", and it is full of recipes, videos, and games that encourage cooking and nutritional wellness within your family.  It features video content and recipes from celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson.  The recipes are kid friendly and designed to help those of us who have a toddler with "discerning tastebuds" happily enjoy their meal.



I just downloaded my "Big Fork Little Fork" App, and can't wait to start playing.  There is also a recipe package from Marcus Samuelsson that you can add to the App.  Given our recent cuisine,  I know Hubby is going to become Chef Marcus' biggest fan!

Next week, I will share feedback on "Big Fork, Little Fork", and more importantly, a review from Mr. Cheeks (my highchair food critic).

Do you have suggestions or other great resources for raising healthy eaters and battling the picky ones?  Please leave a comment with your most helpful suggestions.


I wrote this blog post while participating in a TwitterMoms program, making me eligible to get an iTunes gift card in order to purchase the Marcus Samuelsson recipe collection on Big Fork Little Fork free. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 6, 2010 at 10:03 PM , Blogger TheHouseWifeRookie said...

totally jealous!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Very cool! I need to get a few new gadgets! My laptop is not workig and here I am at the library. Ugh! We never realize how much we need our computer until we don't have it. I hope you are doing great! Have a good day!

Mama Hen

 
At December 7, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Sonia Valdez said...

Nice. Plus those are wonderful reasons to have a iPad, My reason is still just 'I want it' therefore I still don't have it LOL

 
At December 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Stopping by to say hi! Have a great day!

Mama Hen

 
At May 20, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Mahoni.com said...

Hi here is link about Asian Recipes maybe you want to try to cook Asian Cuisine.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/asian-recipes-fried-rice-cooking/id436099051?mt=8&ls=1

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home