Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Book Review - The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven

One of my great passions in life is reading.  I believe everyone has a story, and am continually fascinated by the lives of others.  When I read the title, The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven, my interest was immediately piqued.  What do you mean came back from Heaven?  I thought that one thing was for sure; Heaven wasn't a place from which you could return.

Keri Jo Raz and the wonderful people at D.C. Jacobson & Associates were kind enough to send me a copy of the book, because I felt that it might be something that readers of my blog would be interested in.  I am so excited to share my impressions of the story of Kevin and Alex Malarkey, as each page was more astounding and more moving.

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven is the story of Alex Malarkey, a young boy who was the victim of a horrific car accident alongside his father, Kevin.  Although such an accident is every parent's worst nightmare, the account takes a very surprising turn.  Instead of being a story of grief and despair, Alex is a miracle with a Faith that would rival most adults (including that of his parents!).

Alex is a Crusader for the message of God, and has changed countless lives through his strength and his story.  With people worldwide saying prayers for Alex, he came out of a two-month coma, and slowly told of his journey to Heaven and back.

Come On, you say.  Nice story, but get real.  Even this was addressed within the book.  I truly appreciated how Alex's father Kevin admitted to struggling to understand what his son saw and experienced.  But read Alex's words, and see the pictures of his quest for survival, and you won't be questioning him for long.  


When I first opened my copy of The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven, I anticipated feeling very sorry for Alex and his family.  When I turned the last page, I felt challenged to examine my own Faith and beliefs.  I felt thankful that Alex did return from Heaven to share some spiritual insights and inspire us.

See for yourself.  Meet Alex and Kevin.  Hear other's impressions of Alex's story.  This book embodies the Reason for the Season.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At November 30, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Mrs. Werginz said...

Great post! I want to read this book now!

 
At November 30, 2010 at 9:24 PM , Blogger TheHouseWifeRookie said...

This book sounds very interesting and I may have to check it out in the next couple of weeks!!

 
At January 3, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Peek at My Paper said...

I was recently told about this book. I look forward to reading it myself.
:)
thanks for reminding me to pick up a copy.
bren

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home