Thursday, December 2, 2010

Back In Time

We've all had moments in life that we wished would never end.  How can I freeze time, and make what is happening now last forever?

So what if time travel (with or without Michael J. Fox) became possible?  What moment would you choose to go back and relive?

I really didn't have to think.  I would want to relive the birth of Mr. Cheeks.  Ok.  Wait just a second.  Maybe not the birth.  But the moment I first met my son.  Miracle is a strong word, but bringing a child into this world is a true Miracle.

As I step out of my time machine, what would the scene of that magical moment look like?  Here are a few snapshots:

  • A sense of peace and calm filled that sterile room after much angst and struggle.  Joy rushed through both Hubby and I.  And....I never thought something that looked so much like a wet hamster could bring tears to my eyes.
  • Disbelief.  Is this possible?  Is Mr. Cheeks really looking back at me?  
  • Ouch.  The other gift from God (i.e. epidderal) was all of a sudden missing from my life.  Where did you go friend?
  • I want to show this baby to everyone!  If they (or my half numb body) would have let me run through all the halls of that Atlanta Hospital and announce this birth, I surely would have.
  • Unconditional overwhelming LOVE.  It is truly undescribable the love that you feel when you have a child.  And the coolest thing?  It only grows stronger with time!

Mama's Losin' It

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At December 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger TheHouseWifeRookie said...

I could not agree with you more! It is a pivotal, truly life changing moment! and you're right, it is a true miracle!! I can't wait to do it again! Beautiful post!

 
At December 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Mrs. Werginz said...

I got chills from this post! It makes me look froward to that moment for myself one day! I laughed that you called Mr. Cheecks a wet hamster, but I guess they do look like that don't they? haha

 
At December 2, 2010 at 10:35 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love the picture that you paint and it is amazing how quickly our hearts can expand the second we meet our children.

 
At December 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Losing Brownies said...

Thanks for your thoughtful comment!

I'm following via GFC

 
At December 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

I was thinking of choosing this prompt and writing about my son's birth too. Bringing a baby into this world is truly a beautiful moment!!!

Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home