Monday, October 4, 2010

Life Below Ninety Degrees

Fall has finally arrived in the South!  We weren't sure if last week's weather was just a tease, but the chill remains in the air and I think we can finally say goodbye to Summer.


With a new season comes an opportunity to create new traditions and celebrate the unique parts of Fall.  Now that Mr. Cheeks is becoming more aware of "life", he is easily excited when he discovers something new.  The great thing is that the discovery can be of something as simple as a cardboard box or a frog that has made its home on our deck.

Inspired by the beautiful leaves, fun pumpkins, and spooky halloween characters, this month I hope to create a focus on Fall.  To kick it off, here is a fun desert or gift idea that Hubby and I made last night.  I made these for a meeting I have tomorrow night, hoping to spread some Fall cheer to my friends.

I found the idea for the Spooky Mummy Oreo Suckers on a fantastic blog, "How Does She?"  To make these adorable goodies, you just need a few inexpensive items: Oreos, Wax Paper, White Candy Melts, Lollipop Sticks, and Lollipop Bags.  I found the last three items at Michaels.  I couldn't find the edible eyes, so I used M&M's instead.


I simply followed the tutorial, and they turned out so cute!  I am hoping that even if the ladies at the meeting aren't in the mood for something sweet, they can take this home to their children.  


We had so much fun getting in the spirit of the season!  

4 Comments:

At October 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Blogger Mrs. Werginz said...

I can't wait to eat one at our meeting!! They are so cute!!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a festive idea:) I'm following you from MBC and would love for you to visit my blogs at
http://HolisticHealthMaven.blogspot.com
http://UltimateGiveaway.blogspot.com

Thanks!

 
At October 4, 2010 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Jules said...

These are adorable! Is there anything more fun than spooky Halloween edibles? :) I'm a new follower from MBC. I'd love to have you stop by Ad Bits!
~Jules @ www.adbits.blogspot.com

 
At October 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM , Blogger Alana, Author of Domestically Challenged said...

Those. Look. Awesome. Can't wait to try them. Making them, I mean. Unless you want to send me one. LOL

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home