Monday, January 31, 2011

The Everyday Commute

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Monday Morning.  A mixed bag of emotions for us all.  For me, each day starts with a short commute with my driving partner:


The other day, I left my house as usual, and noticed this breathtaking sky:


Thankfully, I had my camera with me!  After saying good-bye to Mr. Cheeks, I was inspired to open my eyes during my drive.  Are there things I've never seen because my thoughts and worries about the day make me blind to anything but the road and traffic ahead?  


As I whizzed down the road, I noticed this peaceful red barn.  Shelter for animals and a picture of Americana.  Had that barn always been there?  Do I really live in such a rural place?  Here I thought I moved to "suburbia", but I might need to reconsider my label.


Arriving at one of only four stop lights on my way to work (maybe I need a few cows and horses, too?!?!), I noticed this beautiful American flag flapping in the wind.  It was beautiful and a reminder of so many things to be thankful for.


A few minutes later, stopped again, I glance up and see this tiny little Cross.  As though painted against the sky, I instantly felt that everything in this day was going to be just fine.  


As I near school, I glance down and pump up the music.  I always try to get my "game face" on before walking into work.  I've shared this with my students before, and of course they just laugh.  I think they understand though.  Music has a way of changing your mood and bring you to a happy place.


On my final turn, I look back and notice this peaceful little home.  In just a few short hours, after a hopefully successful day, I'll get to return home.  Although some Mondays I wish I never left, I am thankful for my job.  "Home" is a word Mr. Cheeks has recently learned, and as we're pulling into the neighborhood, he says it with more excitement than most anything else.  I guess it really is where the heart is.


As you drive to work or run errands today, pause and take a look around.  I bet you'll be surprised at the cool little things around that you never noticed before!  


Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 31, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

What a beautiful post with an awesome message!! I'm so glad I hopped over hear to read it :) I hope you have a great week ahead!

 
At January 31, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love this! Finding beauty in the everyday things!

 
At January 31, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Lyng said...

What a beautiful sky you captured there!

 
At February 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM , Anonymous Simplegirl said...

I know the sky looks beautiful and love the barn!

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home