Monday, January 17, 2011

Scrapbooking By The Numbers

3, 130: Photos currently on my computer
189:  Events in IPhoto to potentially scrapbook
30:  Minutes in the day that I might scrapbook if all of the stars are in line
6: Scrapbooks I've started, but not finished

These numbers can seem overwhelming, but last week, I told myself, "just start".  Dig.  In.  There are so many great ways to keep your memories alive and so many resources out there to help you.  It's YOUR story - time to tell it!



Digital cameras are a blessing, but also a curse.  Because we can take as many pictures as we want at any given moment, our cameras and computers become FULL of thousands of photographs.  I think it's important to get those photos out of the deep dark depths of our computers and into albums where our family can enjoy looking at them and recounting the stories that go along with each photograph.  




Every Day is a new story.

Here's another liberating thought:  Scrapbooking doesn't just have to be about life's big events.  Sure having a baby, celebrating a birthday, and going on a trip are all amazing, but so are everyday moments in life.  Last week, I made a layout of the 10 things I know about Mr. Cheeks right now:

Materials Used: Ali Edwards 10 Things Layered Template, Paper from Project Life 2010, White Cardstock

It included favorite words, activities, and little snapshots of right now.  My biggest inspiration for recording the tales from Addington is Ali Edwards.  Her site has TONS of great resources for any level of memory keeping you are interested in.  

Reflecting on your photographs and pairing with them the words that make the moment come to life bring me gratitude for everything I have.  I also seem to have a much more positive attitude after finding a moment to write down our story.  



Making

4 Comments:

At January 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Biz said...

I get so overwhelmed with scrap booking. I did it when I was in high school, but when I got married I froze. I could manage to do anything to those pictures and since then well...I haven't even printed pictures. And we have a lot! Who knows if I'll ever scrap book them. The goal now is to start printing them chronologically and putting them in simple square albums...you know the ones with the little side column for comments! It's a start!
Biz
http://busybizblogs.blogspot.com/

 
At January 17, 2011 at 12:56 PM , Blogger sweet and lovely crafts said...

I love Ali's site too. And I know what you mean about digital camera's being a bit of a curse too. I have over 11000 pictures from just 2010- and those are just the ones that I kept!

 
At January 17, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Lyng said...

This page you created is so cute - love that font!

 
At January 17, 2011 at 7:43 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

I know Mr. Cheeks and his future wife will love looking through the beautiful scrapbook pages you're creating now when they're older. Good job Mama!

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home