Friday, January 14, 2011

Flashback Friday

Time away from the daily routine is so refreshing.  Throughout the week of snow days, I have enjoyed reading, writing, taking photographs, and combining all of these into new scrapbook pages.  It has been so long since life allowed me the time and the energy to create pages that tell our family's story.  


I've realized something this week.  Each of us has a unique voice and a unique story to tell.  It is so easy to want to search within other's successes and imitate what we think has brought them success.  But I think what really brings peace and joy within each of us is embracing who we are (even through transitions and changes), and letting go of what other people think.  Feeling complete in life.  

I have undergone virtually every major life change in the last three years (with the exception of a medical issue, thank goodness!). I got married, moved twice, got pregnant, went through unemployment with my husband for nearly a year, meanwhile had a baby, returned to work full time, and began the next phase of my husbands career.  Breathe.

Somewhere in there, for a little while, I probably definitely lost my footing.  But now, in the calm of the beautiful snowstorm, I've realized my life has been a really cool ride.  What a story to tell!

So after my three year whirlwind, I think I'm officially a big girl adult.  In addition to being a daughter,


I am now a wife.


I've enjoyed becoming part of a new family, but love the feeling of having a sister, who has been there the whole time.


And now, add to the list "MaMa".  


What I've realized this week, is that I am really blessed.  No need for stress, worry, concern with what other people are creating, doing, saying, or thinking.  The peeps on Addington are doing just fine.


6 Comments:

At January 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Biz said...

Wonderfully stated!
A loyal follower & blessed reader!
Be Blessed today!
Biz
http://busybizblogs.blogspot.com/

 
At January 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Tia Colleen said...

Such a good post. It gave me the chills in a "chin up", inspirational sort of way :)

 
At January 14, 2011 at 4:44 PM , Blogger TheHouseWifeRookie said...

This is by far my favorite post of yours!!! There are times that are tough when you're in the middle of it and times when life feels like a whirlwind, but when you look back you realize it's those times that give you you're story...it's those times that help you realize that this is "life". Thanks for a great post!

 
At January 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

Love this! You're an inspiration, and in my opinion, have a very good head on your shoulders! :)

 
At January 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Lyng said...

Love this - I've always been so proud to call you a true friend, and I love that you keep reaffirming that fact in new ways as the years go by :)

 
At January 16, 2011 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Love this post! You've really had a busy few years... sounds like things are going great! :)

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home