Sunday, August 29, 2010

Project Life Highlights


Project Life, which I've posted about before, is one of my new best motivators to capture every day life through pictures.  The idea is to take a picture every day for 365 days, and create a beautiful album celebrating the little things that make life so special.  I started this project on my 30th birthday (what better time to purposefully cherish the moment?), and will share highlights each week.  You can certainly apply the concept without the expense of the kit!


I'll kick off this series of photos with the DIVINE Oreo ice-cream cake that Hubby bought to celebrate the big day.


The birthday week ended with one happy Mr. Cheeks, who has gone from crawling to running in 2.2 seconds!  Watch out!




Sleep and Relaxation are the key to any good weekend, and the one baby product I CAN'T live without is called a Snoedel.  It brings naptime and bedtime bliss - thank goodness!




One of our special treats for Mr. Cheeks is letting him take a bath in our big tub.  For him, it must feel like an Olympic Size Swimming Pool, and you can see the joy it brings to him....and Mommy and Daddy!





Last week, I made my first attempt in awhile to get back in a workout routine.  While I didn't see these resistance bands again for the rest of the week, it did bring about great stress relief, and I hope to find more time now that the school routine is getting set.


Fast forward to this weekend, which brought some AMAZING relaxation.  This was the view I enjoyed for most of the weekend:




Enough. Said.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Mrs. Werginz said...

You are doing great with taking pictures! ONe for everyday is a lot but will be so worth it...one of my fb friends is doing it and posts hers everyday! FUN stuff!!

 
At August 30, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Alana, Author of Domestically Challenged said...

LOVE the pics! And that cake looks like my fave one from Cold Stone = yummy!!

 
At August 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Lyng said...

Great shots! I especially like the one of him in the tub and the one at the cabin.

 
At August 30, 2010 at 11:34 PM , Blogger Jenna said...

I am amazed at how much Connor has grown over the past year! He is such a cutie and I enjoyed this post's pictures. I know you will treasure these pictures in years to come. It's crazy that when you told me you were going to have a baby felt like it was yesterday. Time sure does fly--I can only image how it'll fly when I have a child of my own!!

 
At September 4, 2010 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Sonia Valdez said...

MMMmmm you cake looks better than mine did, plus I love the number - It's 10 years off! Hope you had a happy birthday.

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home