Monday, September 12, 2011

The Addington Weekly Menu



Here are some of the healthy delicious meals that we will have on Addington this week:

Breakfasts:
Photo courtesy of Weelicious 



Whole Wheat Waffles
(Monday and Friday)






Photo courtesy of Weelicious



Peanut Butter and Jelly "Pop Tarts"
(Tuesday)








Photo courtesy of Weelicious



Red White and Blue Parfait

(Wednesday)








Thursday is regular cereal day.

Dinners:















Photo courtesy of Whole Foods



Taco Salad - My Mother-In-Laws Great Recipe!









Veggie Casserole






I've never posted my meals before, but I thought it would be a great way to hold myself accountable for planning every week.  Here are a few things that came to mind as I was planning:

Why do you plan less meals than days of the week?  My husband travels for work, so many days it is just Mr. Cheeks and I.  We will cook the meal on the days he is in town, and then use the leftovers when he is gone.

Where do you write down your plan?  List PlanIt is my go-to resource for all my list making.  This site offers several versions of weekly meal planning PDFs.  I use the one with a shopping list section, cut the shopping list off, and head to the store for the week.

Why so many Weelicious recipes?  I found Weelicious to be a fantastic resource for healthy food that my Toddler just loves.  Even better is the fact that my husband and I love it too.  I don't have time to cook separate meals for Mr. Cheeks and the two of us, so this site has been our saving grace.

How do you make so many homemade fresh foods when you aren't home during the week?  Until very recently, I didn't.  I convinced myself that if I called it "Chickfila Fun Night" with Mr. Cheeks that fast food wasn't such a bad plan.  Now I realize that cooking as much as I can before the week starts is the only way to provide healthy food from my family.


I would love to hear about other go-to resources for meal planning and finding family friendly recipes!


Looking for more inspiration?  Head over to Organizing Junkie!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At September 12, 2011 at 10:40 PM , Anonymous cindy said...

Stopping by to see what's cooking! :) I found your link on orgjunkie! Menu looks great! I love weelicious as well! Have a wonderful week!
Cindy
Http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home