Monday, June 27, 2011

5 Great Resources For Moms of Toddlers!

Being at home with Mr. Cheeks over the summer has been....interesting.  We are in week three now, and things are running much more smoothly.  Key word: running.  Little man doesn't. stop.  

Because play dough only lasts so long, and rainy days happen, I have been scouring the bloggy world for some great activities for toddlers.  Of course, my fellow bloggers have not let me down.  Hope this helps all of you teacher moms who are new to being a SSAHM (Summer SAHM!), and those of you pros just looking to mix things up a little.

One:

www.playfulearning.com

This former educator has fantastic ideas on encouraging authentic learning at a young age.  A few of my favorites are the videos, alphabet photography, and the playful learning spaces.  


Two:




Next is a fabulous blog called Let's Explore: Simple Ways to Create, Discover, and Play!
Each month Amy has free Monthly Ways To Play Downloads that are great for a few new activities.  Check out her adorable alphabet crayon idea and Count the House (great for those of you with an older child in the mix!)



Three:


One of my absolute favorites (and probably most of yours, too!) is Simple Kids.  This both of the previous bloggers are contributors on this site, and it is FULL of amazing resources.  


Four:


There is a great post this week on My Life Scoop recommending 10 great apps for happy toddlers.  I already use several of them, and was excited to find some new ideas.  Apps are one of my life lines when Mr. Cheeks has to be patient and I need a quick activity to keep him calm.  


Five:


And finally, if there is one thing you CAN count on from day to day, its that your little one will have to eat.  Click on over to Weelicious, the one stop resource for cuisine a la munchkin.  Weelicious is full recipes and videos and is well organized (making meal planning very simple!).  


What are some of your favorite ideas or resources?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At June 27, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Anneliese said...

Great ideas! I am just barely starting to find a groove this summer too--I have a 2 1/2 year old among others and it's definitely a busy age!

 
At June 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Blogger We love the 80ss said...

I don't ahve a toodler but I wish I had these great resources around when I had one. These sound like great helpers for Moms.

 
At June 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous Marie Noelle said...

Great resources!! I didn't know number 5, I'll check it out right now!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

 
At September 21, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Jo-Lynne Shane said...

Testing! Hi. :-)

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home