Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sewing Project: Children's Beach Robe



As the needle goes up and down and the beautiful fabric feeds through the machine, frustrations about temper tantrums fade away as something is created from nothing.  Learning to sew (one of my summer goals) has been so fun!  All of my creations thus far have been for our home, so I decided it was time to make something for Mr. Cheeks.  

There is an amazing blog called MADE, where Dana creates awesome projects, many of which are for children and many are repurposed things.  Many of Dana's ideas are for BOYS which are sometimes hard to find in crafty blogland.  

I started her Beach Robe Pattern and in just a few evenings I was done and SO PROUD! 


The materials are simply a beach towel (I found mine at Target for $4.00), and some bias tape.  

This was my first time sewing with a pattern, and it was a great first project.  I learned new skills like how to put in sleeves and sewing around curves.  And Voila!  The finished project:

The adorable tie helps keep Mr. Cheeks looking stylish.



Even a hood for extra coziness!



I'd love to know any other ideas you have for simple kids clothing projects or patterns!


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 29, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Susanna said...

Super cute!

 
At July 4, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Anonymous Solomon F. said...

That's So cool. Can you make me one?

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home