Ten Lessons of Motherhood
This restful weekend gave me more time than usual with Hubby and Mr. Cheeks. Now that Mr. Cheeks is two, I
1. It is not always about you. I never would have considered myself selfish until Mr. Cheeks arrived. I very quickly realized the true meaning of giving and expecting nothing in return.
2. My husband is the reason I became a mother, and his role in this whole thing is not to be taken lightly.
3. I have more patience than I ever thought possible, and even with such a large supply, it disappears quickly.
4. Watching another person grow up brings out the childish joys in everyone around them.
5. Children don't come with an instruction manual, but as long as you do your best, the sun will come up tomorrow.
6. Time is now more precious than gold. Decisions about how time will be spent are not taken lightly on Addington.
7. Both the laughter and the tears of your own child will make you come running.
8. Motherhood is a bond between those who have experienced it, and although it can seem like a competition, most moms have your back.
9. Repetition is the rhythm of motherhood.
10. No matter how hard the labor, we'd all sign up to do it again. And no husband can believe it.
The journey has just begun to a finish line I never hope to reach.