Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Reflection

BHG Roasted Cherry Tomato Pizza Poppers from our Superbowl Party
Since the holidays have passed, our weekends have once again become family time, and I just love it!  After the busy week is over, we have found time to watch movies, hike outside, and rest.  Just to have a choice about what we do and not have the whole weekend scheduled is AMAZING.

On Saturday, Hubby continued his tradition of being in charge of haircuts for Mr. Cheeks.  I have never taken him (I tried a DIY job - fail.).  I think it's so cool that they have a little bonding time.  Hubby thinks it's a little less cool.  I can't understand why 20 minutes of trying to distract a toddler who loves hates loves hates wearing a black cape and having someone in his face with scissors isn't fun.  Regardless, the end result was pretty cute:

I thought I'd include a recipe from the Superbowl cuisine at our house that was a real hit!  Hubby and I scanned through some magazines and had fun making this dip together (don't you just love DIPS??):
Southern Living Sausage Bean and Spinach Dip

So Monday morning is upon us all again, and I'm hoping for a great week.  As I get ready for another work week (and praying that at least one child will remember what I taught them last week), I will carry with me this smile as a reminder of what is important in life:




Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

2 Comments:

At February 7, 2011 at 10:51 AM , Blogger Losing Brownies said...

Does your husband cut hair or does he take him somewhere?

 
At February 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Lyng said...

Aw, love that smile and those gorgeous blue eyes!

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home