Monday, July 19, 2010

An Interesting "Cherished" Moment


So, this morning was NOT what most would consider a cherished moment.  This morning, Mr. Cheeks, age 1, had his first day at our new Daycare.  Whew, breathe, wipe that tear....

Although it was incredibly difficult to drop him off this morning, I was reminded of two things as I drove away.


First, we had an amazing summer playing together.  We swam, we traveled, we made wonderful memories with family, he learned to walk, and we bonded.  Here are some highlights....








The second thing I am reminded of is how lucky I am to have wonderful people to care for my son, and how fortunate I am to have a job.

During our current economic times, I feel very blessed to have a job that I enjoy and that allows me to make a difference in the lives of children.  I know that many families are struggling with unemployment right now, and a year ago, our family went through that very difficult time ourselves.  Now that both of us are back at work, I always try to remember to be thankful for the opportunities we've been blessed with, even if it means some time away from my dear Mr. Cheeks.

The wonderful women who greeted Mr. Cheeks this morning promise to be wonderful caretakers for him, and already were giving him so much love.  They are just as curious about him as he is about them, and want to teach him, play with him, comfort him, and love him in my absence.  I had to tear myself away, and peered through the window not once, but twice.

I am thankful to have my blog right now as a place to reflect on this morning, and realize that even though moments like these are tough, these moments hold blessings in disguise.  

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

These were two reminders that really are so important! I am sure it must be so incredibly tough to drop Mr. Cheeks at daycare! I know how hard it was for me to bring my daughter to preschool. But it is so great that you do have a super place to take him and that you have a job! Thank you for joining in! I added your link. Have a great MOnday!

Mama Hen

 
At July 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM , Blogger Nichole said...

What an absolute cutie your little guy is!

I love this post because, although it's easy to focus on the challenges in life, you have turned that around and listed the things that you are grateful for. So few people can do this and I truly believe that a positive attitude takes us far in life.

 
At July 19, 2010 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Asashia said...

Hi there!
I found you through the SITS responses posted today! I'm a teacher as well and go back to work in a month. I'm glad I found another family friend out here in bloggy world and look forward to reading more from you!

 
At July 19, 2010 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Thanks for the great comments!

Mama Hen - thanks so much for the link - I really appreciate it :-)

Nichole - I appreciate your kind works, and would love to check out your blog - what is the link?

Asashia - just visited your blog, left you some comment love, and became a follower!!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being my first follower!!

I absolutely love your blog, it's beautiful!

But, my goodness, Mr. Cheeks is so adorable! You have such a handsome kiddo!

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home