The Sunday Scoop
So here I am, in the peaceful serenity of Sunday morning, ready to highlight some great finds from this weeks blog reading. I am going to do this in a little different format today, because I was actually given my first blog award, and it allows me to pass on the award to some of my favorite blogs!
Annette from Mommy Spirit gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. I was so surprised to be acknowledged by Annette, and really appreciate her thinking of me. This is such an encouragement to find time in these busy days to keep writing and supporting other fantastic bloggers.
In order to receive the award fully, I must
1) Thank the person who gave me the award. Thanks again, Annette.
2) Share seven things about myself.
3) Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs, and let the nominees know about the award.
So here are 7 things you may not know about me:
1. I really enjoy running and my biggest athletic accomplishment was running a half-marathon. Band director and athlete do not usually go in the same sentence, but I finally found my healthy niche.
2. I live within 2 miles of my parents, in the same community in which I grew up. I always made fun of people who did this, and then Mr. Cheeks arrived. And I just wanted my mama....
3. My mother bribed me with cookies as a young child, and now I can not finish my lunch without some sort of round circle of goodness.
4. I can play all of the instruments in the school band, even the tuba....I think I just got my first idea for a VLOG.
5. I love sushi, and next to a glass of wine, it was the thing I missed most when I was pregnant.
6. Continuing with the thoughts of wine, my dream would be to own a vineyard. I never met a glass of wine I didn't like, so I think this would be a good fit.
7. Children inspire me. Although middle school can often be compared to hell (on a good day), I find true inspiration in the minds and actions of children.
Now it's time for the most important part of the award. I have been inspired each day by the amazing words of fellow bloggers. I am exited to present this award to other women who make me laugh, remind me what is truly important in life, and share ideas that make life easier. In no particular order:
Go check out these talented ladies, and share some comment love.
Labels: Sunday Scoop