Monday, July 26, 2010

First Steps - World Here I Come!


I just love starting Monday morning with thoughts about recent moments that I cherished!  What a great dose of positivity to get the week started off right.  Although this week brought many fun moments, it was easy to pick what to feature today.  Take a look, and I think you'll agree:




Last week was somewhat of a roller coaster for our little family of three, as Mr. Cheeks returned to Daycare, and hubby had a little trauma of his own.  Saturday evening, just as our daily thunderstorm was rolling in, I happened to peer out the window, saw this moment, and was overcome with gratitude for the relationship between my husband and my son.



Being a Teacher and a Girl, I just play with Mr. Cheeks differently.  There's always a curriculum to my play (not intentionally, but Harvard only has a few slots in 2026, I hear!).  When Hubby and Mr. Cheeks play, the laughter roars throughout the house.  Wrestling matches, balls flying everywhere, bubbles, and water fill the time for the two of them.  I'm sure there is some serious G.I. Joe in our future...Bye Bye, Barbie and My Little Pony.  

Although it didn't come easily, Hubby and I have become a strong team committed to raising our little boy.  I sincerely cherish the moments that I am given to "take a break", but I find myself sneaking in to get a peak at their special time together.




Labels:

8 Comments:

At July 26, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Lyng said...

Where does the time go? I am amazed at how big our boys are getting to be already. I need to come see him soon - walking now! He and Bennett would have a ball together.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Anonymous Jamie said...

I love when little ones are first walking with their arms all over the place. Such sweet pictures and I love how you celebrate the difference between how you and your husband play with your son. Involved Dads are SO important.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Heligirl said...

What an adorable positive moment to share. I admit I do get jealous sometimes at the fun Hubby has with the kids. I'm the one trying to cook, clean, feed, dress, discipline the kids and when he comes home it's all play. At the same time, it makes me love Hubby all the more, seeing how much he loves the kids and they love him.

 
At July 26, 2010 at 8:31 PM , Blogger DigiMom said...

So cute...I love the pictures of your son's first steps.

I'm now following from MBC. :)
DigiMom
www.digicrumbs.com

 
At July 26, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Tisha Matthews said...

Awww..I miss that size. My son is 14 now and I always talk to him about the funny things he did when he was that small. Was that your sons first steps? He is too cute!

http://coachtisha.blogspot.com/
http://inspiredbeautycenter.blogspot.com/

 
At July 27, 2010 at 12:39 AM , Blogger Mama Hen said...

Sorry I am getting to you so late! It has been a fun and busy day! Thank you for joining in Cherished Moments Monday! This is so cute! That is so great that you and your husband parent as a team. Have a nice night!

Mama Hen

 
At July 27, 2010 at 1:54 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Oh that is the most adorable pic ever!

 
At July 28, 2010 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your son is so incredibly precious and I love your posts! The photographs you include are so perfect, you are so very talented!!

 

Post a Comment

I hope you will leave a comment, helping make Articles From Addington an interactive forum for moms and bloggers. Thanks for taking the time to read my "articles"!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home